Does anyone know if a 10 bolt rear end from a 1986 Monte Carlo will easily fit into a 1955 Chevy Station Wagon?

Favorite Answer

That depends on your definition of "easy". Bill has given you the main difference. You would have to add leaf spring perches to the Monte rear end. To me, that is not a big deal although it certainly requires a good idea of what is required and how to meet those requirements. Other than that, the brake lines will probably give the most trouble and the driveshaft length may be the most expensive. Careful measuring should tell you whether or not this is within your expertise.

not without cutting and weld brackets on it

• Bill

Not without modification. The older car has leaf springs and the newer one has coil springs.

I don't know squat about cars but I'll take a WAG and say because those models are 31 years apart the answer is a definite "NO."