What would you say to me if I told you that I used to hate the ACA but-?

After reading fact-checking articles, and doing some more research, I think it's deeply flawed but needs to be fixed instead of repealed?

Honestly? I think it's very flawed and complicated, but it does need to be fixed. I'm certainly one to advocate personal responsibility but I'm also starting to realize that being pro-life is more than just about abortion. People make mistakes and part of being pro-life is helping them.

I'm starting to look around and see that there are some democrats I'd consider voting for. Ie. Tim Ryan, John Bel Edwards, etc.

Best Answer

Thank you for educating yourself about it. All the ACA is, is protections from what the insurance companies were doing before. Like, charging women extra, throwing people off if they actually got sick, & if you had a pre-existing condition, you were charged more, if you could get insurance at all. Dropping students at 18. It isn't bad, but the insurance companies have figured out ways to get around it. All they are interested in is more money for them. I am looking for single payer & restrictions that any monies has to be paid back to Medicare hat was "borrowed" & NO more can EVER be taken from it. With the whole country paying in something, it will be solvent for a very long while. I am voting straight blue from now on. What trump & his evil minions have done in 100 days to wreck this country is embarrassing.

• fairly smart
      3 years agoReport

I don't know who you are, but every civilized country in the world has this. Because you & your trumpy friends, this country is turning into a 3rd world country. Educate yourself first.

I'd say that you probably don't understand either insurance or the causes of high medical care cost in our society.

ACA, and AHCA, both are about who pays and how much. ACA loaded the medical costs for a disproportionately large share of preexisting conditions onto a small population -- individual plans. Naturally, this pushed the cost of those plans well beyond their value to anyone who doesn't have such a condition [or isn't getting the insurance for free]. This is why people refuse to buy it -- price is severely out of line.

AHCA does some to fix this and should reduce prices to many ... but it is still rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The real issues are related to the cost drivers of medical care -- why so many trips to physician? why cost so much per trip? what medical needs could be avoided? why so many roadblocks to competition amongst providers?

Washington isn't even talking about the real issues.

Thus, it is plain that they aren't going to accomplish anything useful.

Source(s): grampa

yes, deeply flawed and should be repealed and each state should be in charge of health care for their people and the feds should not be involved.

I would say you obviously haven't checked the Constitution to see if it is allowed. Because it isn't.

that's actually the mainstream position. even "repeal and replace" is a semantic device to hide that its really just modifying the existing law and leaving a lot in place