harassment and threating a minor?

I filed charges on a woman who came in my home without being invited and threatened to beat my 15 yr old daughter up, When I said don't come in here and threaten my daughter, she threatened me. I went and had an arrest warrant for her on threating a minor. The police picked up the warrant to issue it while I was still in the city hall. What will happen now? Will she go to jail ?

oh I forgot the police did come out and filed a police report

My daughter and her friend (10) was swinging at the playground and this little boy around 3 came up and started punching them on the arm and face, they asked him tp plz stop, he would laugh and do it again. They looked around for his mother and didn't see no adult around anywhere. When he went to punch her friend again she step between them and put up her hand to stop him, when she did he turned and the tip of her fingers went across his chin.

Favorite Answer

The police will interview her and if they think there is substantial evidence that she committed a crime they will probably arrest her. She will be arraigned and if a judge is also convinced she committed a crime they will schedule a trial and she will probably be released either on her promise to return or after posting bail (determined by the judge). There will then be a trial and you and your daughter will probably both be asked to testify and if she is convicted she will probably have to pay a fine or do jail time or get community service or put on probation or some combination of those things.

• Thomas

She will go to court and if found guilty she could go to jail.

• martin

Maybe not jail, but a court order to stay away from your daughter and your house. Also, you can use this as evidence in a civil suit for damages against this trespasser and harasser.

Maybe. If not she'll either get fined+community service or she will have a restraining order issued.

• WRG

She will be arrested, likely let out on bond and tried for the crime.