Is Windows or Linux easier to use for a Mac user?

Ok, so back in 2014, my school, in July that year in preparation of the start of the 2014-2015 school year, gave me a MacBook Air to use. I just recently had to return it because the school was only given a three-year contract with Apple, and thus I used OS X Mavericks the whole time (as far as I know, we were never supposed to update them). That was the only laptop I was allowed to until I returned it, but my mom is now letting me use her Dell Latitude E5430 that she got a little over a year ago since she doesn't use it much anyways (it originally came with Windows 7, but the day we got it we upgraded it to Windows 10). The thing is, as a Mac user for three years, it's been difficult for me to get used to using Windows again. I have also Linux before (although not quite as much), and my mom said that she would be fine if I installed it on her laptop, so would that be easier to use as a Mac user instead of Windows?

Favorite Answer

I am not a power user nor a technogeek.....but..I tried Ubuntu back in 2008.....it was so much easier than XP that I stuck with it. I still use it today. AND, I am still not a technogeek.

There are over 300 different Linux distros (OS's) and most are user friendly. Most are much easier than any windows ever....however there are some that are made for the experts.

If you stick with one of the Ubuntu's, Mints, or something similar.....it should be a cake walk for you.

I have been using Linux for 9 years now without an issue....and I don't know how to use code, or the terminal or command line- I just open a menu and point/click with the mouse- and it just works.

If you have been struggling with Windows then the last thing you want to do is start trying to use Linux! Linux is great if you are a geek, but for the average everyday user it's just not up to the job!