Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 years ago

Should I get Animal Crossing New Leaf?

I'm not sure if I should get this game. Reviews are high, my friends seem to enjoy it, but I've only ever played 1 Animal Crossing game before, and it was for the DS.. I didn't enjoy it very much, it seemed extremely childish, boring, there didn't seem to be anything fun to do than roam around an mostly empty world in search of tiny bugs and fish.. Which isn't very exciting. I do really enjoy games like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory though, idk, whats the appearl of these games? Is teh 3DS game really worth buying?

Favorite Answer

I actually went out and bought a 3DS just for this game, and I'm not disappointed. If you weren't a big fan of Wild World, (the regular DS version of the game,) then there's a good chance that you won't like New Leaf either, (the "objectives" in both games are similar,) however, there have been a bunch of chances to the game that you might enjoy. First off, you're the mayor of the town, so you get to control / design it how you see fit. You can also personally customize your own home, (including the outside of the house,) and you can pick where you want your house to be. There are also plenty of new "collectables" to collect, (such as more fish, bugs and fossils,) and you can play online with other people and visit different towns.

I highly recommend buying this game, (it wasn't rated as high as it was for being a bad game after all.)

Animal Crossing is not for everyone. If you found Wild World to be juvenile and uninteresting, New Leaf won't do anything to change your mind.