Anonymous

Miami University vs. Ohio University?

I'm a senior in high school and I am trying to decide between Miami and OU. I'm planning on studying Psychology. If you guys could give me some pros and cons or personal stories about either that would be AWESOME. Thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Glad to help!

Ohio University Pro: It's a beautiful campus

Ohio University Con: You will want to live there forever, but it is impractical to live there forever

Miami Pro: ?

Miami Con: Student population appears to be rife with preppies and rich kids

Ohio University Pro: The football team just won its second straight bowl game

Ohio University Con: Most of the best positions on the football team are already filled, so you will have to find some other student organization to join

Miami Pro: It has a football team

Miami Con: Sometimes the members of its football team punch innocent trumpet players

Ohio University Pro: Proud to count Matt Lauer, Mike Schmidt and Nancy Cartwright among its former students

Ohio University Con: Paul Newman went to school there, too, but stories of him rolling a keg into the dean's car appear to be greatly exaggerated

Miami Pro: Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan went there

Miami Con: Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan went there

Ohio University Pro: Students care about things like sports teams, music festivals and the school band, The Marching 110

Ohio University Con: The Marching 110 has so many viral videos it can be hard to keep them all straight

Miami Pro: Students never disappointed by the sports teams they don't care about

Miami Con: Student paper runs international regatta results

Ohio University Pro: Ben Roethlisberger did not go there

So, yeah, pros and cons with both.

Good luck with your decision!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.