Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 3 years ago

How has government corruption impacted safety? -- Three Georges Dam?

Favorite Answer

This project is the Three Gorges Dam, not Three Georges Dam.

According to the first source link I posted below, there were allegations about corrupt officials taking bribes from unqualified contractors. This corruption is being blamed for the poor construction of a bridge near Three Gorges that had collapsed shortly before the Three Gorges Dam project began construction.

According to the second source link I posted below, before construction began, an audit discovered that $52 million is missing. This money was to be used to relocate residents who currently live in the areas that will become the reservoir for the dam. And according to the first source link I posted below, this project is so big that over 1 million residents will need to be moved.

According to the last source link I posted below, during the construction phase, corruption is being blamed for the shoddy construction of the dam when cracks were discovered during an inspection.

/

Three Gorges Dam

Spellcheck works if you work it

Keep coming back