Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 years ago

can you help me with my history?

For each of the following sentences, choose whether a citation is needed.

1. The famous critic praised Harper Lee’s novel To Kill a Mockingbird for its “warmth, humor, and wonderful sense of humanity.” (1 point)

No.

Yes. The quotation should be followed by the author's name and a page reference in parentheses.

2. In their latest book about dog behavior, experts John Smith and Laura Elderman suggest that all rescue associations test their dogs for aggressiveness and other behavioral issues before the animals are adopted. (1 point)

No.

Yes. The quotation should include the authors’ names and a page reference in parentheses.

3. Maybe one day TV will be used more for the purpose of education rather than entertainment. (1 point)

No.

Yes. The quotation should include the author’s name and paragraph number (if available) in parentheses.

4. In her online blog, Karina Bajorek recounts how she did not think of becoming a war photographer at the beginning of her career. (1 point)

No.

Yes. The quotation should include the author’s name and paragraph number (if available) in parentheses.

5. “There was a peculiar tone as he spoke to me that night, like he had doubts about his success as a scriptwriter.” (1 point)

No.

Yes. The quotation should include the author’s name in quotes and a page reference, both in parentheses.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Interesting. Get on with it now though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.