pokemon x hidden ability breeding?

In pokemon x, im trying to breed for a shuckle with contrary (hidden ability). I only have a female shuckle with a normal ability. I do, however have a male ariadon (same egg group) with a hidden ability. If i breed the two, is there a chance to hatch a shuckle with a hidden ability? Also note, I don't have a friend safari with shuckle (that'd make things much easier).

Favorite Answer

Hidden abilities can only be passed to a child from the mother. These abilities are passes along with the species and so having a father with a hidden ability doesn't factor into anything. To breed a Shuckle with a hidden ability you need to start with one with a Hidden Ability. There is a 60% chance of passing on a Hidden ability when breeding with a Ditto and an 80% of passing it on without one. But if you don't start with a Hidden ability you have 0% chance of getting a Hidden Ability.

• Cantra

No, there is no chance. Pokemon inherit the ability from their mother - in short, if a mother has a hidden ability, there is a chance the offspring will have a hidden ability too. If the mother does not have it, there is no chance the offspring will. The ability of the father does not matter unless it's a pairing with Ditto. However then it'd have to be the correct species in the first place.