Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 3 years ago

How to keep cut roses fresh for 6 days?

Next Tuesday I will prepare a flower arrangement with 24 red roses, which I already bought today due to some reasons I could not change. They look fantastic at the moment and I have them in a bucket and put them into the cold dark garage. Is there something else I could do to keep them fresh?

Favorite Answer

Im sure they will be fine if they're in cold water, but make sure you cut them slanted at the root, they drink water better this way and dont forget the flower food. Also, a slight spraying of cold water keeps them crisp.

Funny story I will share w/ you, some time ago I went to the Botanical garden and was surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants. I saw a beautiful flower which I couldn't resist taking home w/ me. For some reason I lost it in my car and it got left in the heat for a few days w/o water, when I found it, it was wilted and dying. I didnt think it was savable but, I put it in the water instantly and treated it w/ love anyway.... amazingly enough, it came back to life for one last bloom. I was surprised to find out that it was possible to have flowers bloom again even after when they seem to be dying. Sorry for the rant but your Q reminded me of the experience. I hope your flowers stay fresh for the occasion. :))

• Tavy

Half a cup of fizzy plain lemonade or an asprin.

Florists put theirs in a refrigerator to help them stay fresh longer.