Kyle
Kyle asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 years ago

Why are people hating on the Bears picking Mitchell Trubisky in the draft?

Sure, giving up three picks might be much to jump up a spot to grab him, but the Bears must obviously like him to be a long term starter. Unless he performs really well in camp and pre season, i expect him to sit under Glennon and study for the three years and play back up. Similar to how Rodgers did with Favre at QB in Green Bay. and Rodgers turned out OK after that.

I have more trust in Pace and the Bears than I do the internet. I hate people calling players bust. he Trubisky has the prototypical stuff you want in a QB. he just needs more time, since he's only played 13 college games.

Glennon's contract has an opt out clause after one year. I doubt Glennon will be in Chicago all three years.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/mike-glen...

Favorite Answer

He's the best QB in this class but it's not saying much.

Because one way or the other the Bears suck. Just ask anyone in Michigan, Minnesota and especially Wisconsin.

Because people feel sorry for jay cutler

Bears ****** up,asswipe

I do give him a chance

• Will

1- They traded up to get him, even though the Niners had no interest in him.

2- They gave up way too much to the Niners to get him. The local media in the Bay Area were laughing at the deal the Bears made.

3- He's not that good of a quarterback. Several teams do not believe that he is good enough for the NFL, and almost all do not believe that he is good enough for the first round, much less the #2 pick.

Because they traded three picks to move up one spot and for a guy the 49ers hadn't even considered. Trubisky started all of 13 games and went 8 - 5...hardly . You gave up three picks for this guy when your defense SUCKS!

• ???

I wouldn't sit him behind Glennon that long. Start Glennon to begin the season see how that goes if he doesn't do well put in Trubisky see how that goes even if it doesn't go well take it as a season of learning and rebuilding. Now if he could be back up to a Favre or even a Carson Palmer for example that's different but not Mike Glennon. I'm with you though

Because the 49ers weren't gonna pick trubisky it was a "smoke screen" that the niners put up as bait for a trade and the bears took it

1. He's not first round talent.

2. Trading up to get him was stupid when he likely would have been available at 3.

3. If they had stayed at 3, regardless of what happened, they would have gotten a player as good or better.