Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 years ago

ASVAB score of 17?

I'm recruiting a girl into the Army and she told me that she got a 17 on the ASVAB. I never really knew how scoring for the ASVAB worked so can someone please tell me if that score is good or bad so I know what to tell her? she would like to be an MP for her MOS.

thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

um i took the asvab and 17 isn't a passing score. "The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31 to qualify for enlistment. However, in recent months, the Army has been approving more and more waivers for those with scores as low as 26 (Category IVA). To qualify for certain enlistment incentives, such as enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit must score a minimum of 50."

You're wasting your time "recruiting" this girl, unless you're just trying to get in her pants. With a 17 AFQT she's just shy of being officially retarded.

If you were a rREAL recruiter- you'd already KNOW what that score meant.

• Mrsjvb
      3 years agoReport

I think he means he is trying to get her to enlist so he can get advanced paygrade for his enlisting

• AD

She needs to study and take it over. The lowest AFQT I saw someone get that was given an MP slot was in the high 30s.

If you are a Future Soldier trying to get promoted, she isn't going to be the one that earns a promotion for you.

• Red

A 17 is pretty low . My daughter scored in the top 10 percent and hers was like 3 times that.

• Mutt

If you are recruiting someone into the Army, how is it that you don't understand the ASVAB, or how it works to get in? That is the main tool you have as a recruiter to determine not only if the person qualifies, but what job he/she is qualified to do.

So please explain how you became a recruiter without knowing this information already?

• AD
      3 years agoReport

He's probably someone in the DEP trying to get her in for a promotion, if you get a person to join they will promote you to PV2. A real recruiter would already know she is disqualified.

a 17 on the ASVAB meant she spent half an hour PUSHING on the door to the exam room that said PULL.

failed to find her correct seat. and then thought she was there for an eye exam, and stared at a blank wall for 10 minutes.

That's a 17.

• Mrsjvb
      3 years agoReport

you forgot: spelled their name wrong at the top of the test

17 on the ASVAB? Did she even spell her name correctly?

In case you are still confused, that score is really bad.

• A 17 is basically functionally retarded

How the f*ck are you "recruiting" someone for the Army and not understand how the ASVAB works or the minimum required score (which for the Army is 31)

• Mrsjvb
      3 years agoReport

DEPper trying to get brownie points

• Stella

She doesn't qualify to enlist with that score.

Obviously you're not a recruiter, is she a friend who is trying to join with you?

Help her study for it, she has some work to do.