how do you get meowstic's hidden ability Prankster?

I'm trying to get meowstic's hidden ability for my online team but I'm not real sure because for the past hour I have been just catching espurrs trying to get the hidden ability thinking it would evolve with the ability Prankster but I don't want to waste any time so please tell me how to get it Pokemon y and yes I know only males can get it

Favorite Answer

There are a few methods you can use to get a Meowstic/Espurr with its Hidden Ability.

1) As Matt said, a Pokémon that has the ability 'Trace' will give you an insight into wild Pokémon's abilities, which is useful when searching for Hidden Abilities in the wild.

2) Breeding. Breeding a Ditto or another Espurr/Meowstic with its Hidden Ability has a chance of passing down the ability to the offspring; this chance is higher with females and slightly lower with males.

3) Horde battles increase the likelihood of HAs in wild Pokémon.

4) Friend Safaris increase the likelihood of HAs in wild Pokémon; this is useful if you can find a Ditto safari, due to Ditto being able to breed with all Pokémon excluding legendaries (the exception being Manaphy).