Multiple modems in one house?

In my house, we have Internet supplied by AT&T with their uverse plan. the modem is connected via phone line in one bedroom and an ethernet cable is connected from the modem to a desktop. Another room in my house has a ps4 in it and a phone line in its vicinity. Im wondering if I can buy another modem to... show more In my house, we have Internet supplied by AT&T with their uverse plan. the modem is connected via phone line in one bedroom and an ethernet cable is connected from the modem to a desktop. Another room in my house has a ps4 in it and a phone line in its vicinity. Im wondering if I can buy another modem to connect to the phone line and then connect the modem to the ps4 via ether net. will this work. I've read some things about having to register the 2nd modem but idk if I'd have to do that since I've replaced the original modem before with a new one and I did not have to register the new one even though it had a different password and everything. If you have another or better idea on how to do what I'm trying to accomplish then I will appreciate it. Also, the ps4 is too far away to hook a long ether net cable from it to the modem I currently have so that's out of the picture.
6 answers 6