Can I get my GE online?

I'm working full time right now so it's hard to take classes at my community college. Can I get my GE units online? Is it possible to get credits online that will transfer to a 4 year university? Hopefully someone can help me with this question.

Favorite Answer

If your community college itself offers the general education courses online, any four-year school which accepts the credits from the "in person" classes will also accept those from the online ones. Your community college transcript probably doesn't even indicate which classes were "online." But if you are looking at trying to take the courses online from some other school, particularly a school which doesn't actually have a local "brick and mortar" campus, it's probably not a good idea. The internet is crowded with scam online schools, and because the college to which you eventually transfer will decide which credits they will accept, you might be setting yourself up for an extremely unpleasant surprise. Talk to your academic adviser or counselor and determine what safe choices are open to you. Choose online classes only from well-known institutions which also have real, "in person" classes on a real campus. If the organization is "online only," it is likely to be a scam.