Jehovah's Witnesses, are you surprised at the decision of the Russian Supreme Court judge..?

to ban our activity there as extremist and order the converting of their property in Russia to state use? And this just two days [of the trial] after the Ministry of Justice lawyers had failed on virtually every count to convince the presiding judge that JWs in Russia are extremist. [See: ... show more to ban our activity there as extremist and order the converting of their property in Russia to state use?

And this just two days [of the trial] after the Ministry of Justice lawyers had failed on virtually every count to convince the presiding judge that JWs in Russia are extremist.
[See: http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnew...

The verdict is reported on at: http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnew...

Regardless, Jehovah will magnify his name. [Ezekiel 39:6] May He fortify our brothers and sisters there.
Update: Isaiah 41:10.
Update 2: Once again, Matilde [aka Lourdes], who has me blocked, feels the need to make inane comments on my questions. She seems obsessed with how JWs' money is used. She reminds me very much of an individual at John 12:3-6 who took issue with Mary's using expensive oil to wipe Jesus' feet...
Update 3: Thanks for the answers to date [all 44 of them]. I think the words of Britain's Minister for Human Rights, Joyce Anelay, precisely sums up what has occurred: "This ruling, in essence, criminalizes the peaceful religious profession of 175 thousand Russian citizens and it contradicts the right to religious... show more Thanks for the answers to date [all 44 of them]. I think the words of Britain's Minister for Human Rights, Joyce Anelay, precisely sums up what has occurred:

"This ruling, in essence, criminalizes the peaceful religious profession of 175 thousand Russian citizens and it contradicts the right to religious liberty guaranteed by the Russian constitution."
Update 4: The consensus of many observers indicates that the reason why the Ministry of Justice failed to present a single incident of extremist activity by JWs in Russia is because they knew that the outcome of the "trial" was already decided prior to its commencement. Thanks to all for your answers, as we now... show more The consensus of many observers indicates that the reason why the Ministry of Justice failed to present a single incident of extremist activity by JWs in Russia is because they knew that the outcome of the "trial" was already decided prior to its commencement.

Thanks to all for your answers, as we now await the appeal to the Appellate College of the Russian Supreme Court. BA to Hannah for her wonderful answer.
51 answers 51