Is it okay to talk to my best friend about being sad about her graduating?

My best friend is a senior in high school and I'm a junior. She is graduating next month, and while I'm beyond proud, I am also a little sad she'll be leaving me . I'm so used to walking into theatre and giving her a big hug and then cracking up backstage while trying not to be too loud. Without her around, I'm scared I'll be lonely and bored. And, I know it's not about me, but this hurts too much to keep it to myself I look up to her so much,and it feels like she would be the right person to talk to about it, but I don't want to bring her down. What should I do?

• Aurora
    Favorite Answer

She's your best friend, it's okay to talk to her about it. I'm sure she feels the same way about leaving you too. It sounds like you two are pretty close so I agree with you, she would be the best person to talk to about your feelings. I tell my best friend everything and she has even told me things that hurt me (like my ex cheating on me) though she knew that it was best for me. Like I said, it's okay to tell her your sad. If you guys can, make plans to see each other after school or whenever you two can meet.