How do you take a screen shot on your computer, and what is the default location its sent to?

I kinda figured that the key on the keyboard that says "print screen" or in the case of my laptop is "PrtScr" is what you have to press. But just in case lets say that key were to break, is there another "command" on the key board that can do a screen shot. Also, is the typical default location that the image is sent on the hard drive, i think ive taken maybe 3 screen shot and i thot the images were going to pop up, but i guess it automatically gets sent to a default location and not sure where to look. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello Arnold

when you take screen shot any documents in computer, it not save default. Where you want to save that save there.

1- open the document or page and select (press) the "Screen" button Or "prt-scr"; Depend upon keyboard.( this button always in right hand side in top)

2- Now open paint or word-pad and save that document by press"Ctrl+v". That document save that location.

Now you can see your document screen shot.

Ex-

Attachment image
    • Thank you for telling me about "ctrl-v", not computer saavy as u can see and don't even know basic commands like these. I also wanted to know if there is a way to get a prior image to show up after you have already "pasted" the most recent screenshot that hasn't been saved to a location.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

nimbus screenshot.

• 3 years ago

When you use that keyboard shortcut (which is CTRL ALT PRINT SCRN, by the way), the image is copied to the clipboard, which you can then paste into applications such as MS Paint or Photoshop to save from there. Windows computers also come with a program called Snipping Tool you can search for in the Start Menu and you can select which kind of screenshot you would like to take. It also lets you pick the save destination. :)

• What exactly is a "clipboard", and these programs "ms paint, photoshop,etc" are called image software is that correct?

• 3 years ago

You could make it easy for yourself by looking in the Chrome Web Store (If you use the Chrome browser) and get a screen shot extension that can capture your whole desktop or certain apps or tabs. I'm on my phone right now so I can't search for extensions but just look up "Screen shot extensions" or something. Then from there you can easily screen shot anytime just clicking on the extension, depending which one you get. Make sure it's from the Crhome web Store though, just to be cautious of viruses and all that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

If you want to take a screen shot, take you phone out and take a picture and email it to your PC! Done!!

• 3 years ago

You use the snipping tool and save it to wherever you want from there if you don't have the print screen button

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Press Ctrl-PrtScr, then open up your favorite graphics program and Paste. Save from there.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

since the question is "what if that key breaks".... .then ..... you can still take screenshots using the sniptool but it wont save it automatically you have to save it.But there is an option that turns off the save prompt.

• 3 years ago

Modern windows operating system ie 8, 8.1 & 10

There is no need to paste the clipboard in to paint or other supporting image software ..

Hold down the windows key and press the Printscreen ( PrtSc) key.

The screen will dim momentarily in confirmation

In your picture folder a sub folder "Screenshots" is created and contains the screenshots .

• are these image software programs like paint and snipping tool defualt programs that come with the computer when you buy it? Another thing, is there anonther way to get the screenshot to show up on paint or in my case "microsoft pic manager" without "ctrl-v". Right click "paste" wasn't an option.

• 3 years ago

there's a button named "print screen" on your keyboard. press on it. then you can open a program like "paint" and paste it there. then you can save it wherever you want.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

By default, it gets copied to the clipboard.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.