How do you take a screen shot on your computer, and what is the default location its sent to?

I kinda figured that the key on the keyboard that says "print screen" or in the case of my laptop is "PrtScr" is what you have to press. But just in case lets say that key were to break, is there another "command" on the key board that can do a screen shot. Also, is the typical default... show more I kinda figured that the key on the keyboard that says "print screen" or in the case of my laptop is "PrtScr" is what you have to press. But just in case lets say that key were to break, is there another "command" on the key board that can do a screen shot. Also, is the typical default location that the image is sent on the hard drive, i think ive taken maybe 3 screen shot and i thot the images were going to pop up, but i guess it automatically gets sent to a default location and not sure where to look. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You