Do you agree with my theory on free will, and free agency?

I have a theory that says that basically, you always have to do what you want most, given the sum of all of your desires. I have a thought experiment, where you go to an ice cream shop, and they have two choices, chocolate, and vanilla. You have the free will do pick the one you want, but you don't have what... show more I have a theory that says that basically, you always have to do what you want most, given the sum of all of your desires. I have a thought experiment, where you go to an ice cream shop, and they have two choices, chocolate, and vanilla. You have the free will do pick the one you want, but you don't have what I call "free agency" because you HAVE to pick the one you want most, every time. Say, your taste buds are arranged a particular way that makes you like the taste of chocolate more then vanilla, then you will always pick chocolate over vanilla. The only way you could choose vanilla over chocolate would be if a new desire came along. Say, there is a special, and vanilla is half off, so then you have two conflicting desires, you want chocolate more because you like the taste, but you want to save money. My theory is that the stronger desire always wins out, and determines your choice. And I did an experiment in my daily life, and found out that this is true for every choice you ever make. The choice that you believe satisfies your desires the best, is the one you will always make. You still have "free will" in the sense that you are free to do what you want, however you lack "free agency" because you are always determined by your desires, that are chosen for you.
14 answers 14