Best way to have two hardwired internet connections in two separate rooms?

My fiancé and I both work from home and need to have our computers hardwired via Ethernet cable per our job s security requirements. Right now our main router is located in my office. Our internet provider set up a wireless access point with a second {what looks like a} router in the other room where my fiancé... show more My fiancé and I both work from home and need to have our computers hardwired via Ethernet cable per our job s security requirements. Right now our main router is located in my office. Our internet provider set up a wireless access point with a second {what looks like a} router in the other room where my fiancé works. In theory, he was supposed to be able to plug an Ethernet cord into the access point and have a wired connection to use for work. Problem is it hasn t been working and fiancé can t connect to internet when he is hard wired and wifi setting is turned off on the computer. He is able to connect to internet when wifi is turned on.

Our internet provider is coming out on Friday and I just want t make sure that we should be able to be getting a hard wired connection off this access point. I am worried they will come out on Friday and they will say there is nothing they can do if we can t just connect to wifi in that room for internet. It is very frustrating as we have been paying for this wireless access point for almost a year and only need it for the hardwired connection.