Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 years ago

Can this happen to my family's computer?

My son recently came home and used our home computer to type up some reports for work & e-mailed them in. He overhead some co-workers the next day talking about things he had looked up and we are concerned that his business has somehow tapped into our personal internet/home computer and is spying on all of us. I'm ready to go seek a lawyer. Can this happen?

Favorite Answer

It would be illegal for an employer to hijack a home-use PC for the purpose of spying. Particularly if this was done without any your or your son's knowledge.

I second Spock's explanation that it is likely to be comments regarding the received report.

spock is very probably correct.

but.

if you have any doubts whatsoever,

you should format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

at the same time resetting your router to default then applying a new password to it.

thus ensuring a clean system and any doubts removed.

.

it is possible, yes. it's more likely, by far, that he referred to the things they were commenting on in his reports