When did the US start giving citizenship to anchor babies?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The 1965 immigration Act started giving citizenship to anchor babies in 1982.

The anchor baby scam was invented 30 years ago by a liberal Justice William Brennan, who slipped a footnote into a 1982 Supreme Court opinion announcing that the children born to illegals on U.S. soil are citizens.

So anchor babies are based on a footnote not the Constitution.

Using the 14th Amendment to allow anchor babies is the unconstitutional part.

The Constitution says nothing about anchor babies.

The 14th Amendment says nothing about birthright citizenship.

The Constitution says Congress has complete control over who is and who is not a US citizen.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4. "The Congress shall have power to establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization."

The Supreme Court has never ruled that a baby born to illegal aliens in the US is automatically a citizen.

Original intent of the 14th Amendment

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citizenship...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

When the liberal Dems realized they could be used as a voter base .

• Login to reply the answers
  • Zhu
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

1789, when the US constitution took effect.

• Tootoy
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

When the Chinese found out about it.

I say this sad comment because of what I see in my neighborhood.

It's a flourishing business for them, SADLY.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

This just started in 1982.

• 3 years ago

When the 14th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified.

• 3 years ago

Shortly after gaining independence from Great Brittian we gave all white people of good moral character citizenship if they were born here or had lived here for at least 2 years Until 1870 eligibility for citizenship depended on color.of your skin. As recently as 1965 all Americans including Latin Americans could be citizens if they just lived here for 2 years. So that must the start of excluding the parents from citizenship. So that is probably the date you are looking for.

• Worthlesser
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

The excluding of the parents doesn't magically make their illegal progeny citizens. You haven't answered the question at all. The answer is 1982.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

My grandmother came here from England and just stayed. No processing, That means my mother was an anchor baby. Someone in your ancestry was, too. Do you want to be made illegal?

• RICK
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

If your grandmother came to the US following the laws of the time then your mother is not sn anchor baby.
      On the other hand if grsndmother was illegl then mother and you should be illegal.
      My ancestors followed the law.

• 3 years ago

When it guaranteed birth right citizenship.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

They give citizenship to anybody born in the country. Go read the Constitution, dumbass.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.