promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Dimple
Lv 7
Dimple asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 3 years ago

Is Fluorescent light good for indoor daffodils?

I have office plants and i keep the fluorescent light on them. They were dying but now.. they are green fresh and beautiful.

Recently I have a tete a tete daffodil plant that joined my family. Can i keep it under fluorescent light? How much light should i expose to them? Should i turn the lights off when i m not here?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Daffodils, including tete a tete, don't make long term houseplants. The flowers will last longer if they're NOT in direct sunlight or under strong lighting. Place it where you will enjoy it, out of direct sun.

They will go entirely dormant in about 6 - 8 weeks after the blooms fade, with the leaves eventually turning yellow and dying back. You can then plant the bulbs from the pot into your landscape (if you live where you get winter). Forced bulbs that bloom in pots indoors rarely bloom the following year, but it costs you nothing to drop them into the ground. Many people treat then like short-lived annuals, and toss them when they stop looking pretty.

• Dimple
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

good to know.. i guess they will be tossed after looking pretty. after all it was a gift... i'm in the city.. and they're in my office at work. oh well. thanks for the info.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Fluorescent light does nothing for plants unless it's a full-spectrum bulb.

• 3 years ago

Some plants do better with indirect light.

• Dimple
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

but do tete a tete's fit that category?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.