Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 years ago

What do you think of physician assisted suicide?

Favorite Answer

I think it should be legal in certain circumstances.

The person must:

Be of legal age. I don't support it for minors.

It must be their idea and they must consent to it. The person must go through therapy to make sure this is what they really want, and this is their decision. Their must be evidence this person is consenting to it.

The person must have a terminal, chronic, or mental illness (including personality disorders).

The person must have gone through treatment to try to overcome it. For example, for the terminally ill, thy should have less than 6 momths to live no matter what.

For chronic illness, treatments must have been tried for at least 6 months. It must also be incurable.

For mental illness, other treatments must be tried. The person should see a psychiatrist and therapist for at least 6-12 months.

If the chronic or mental illness cannot be treated, then it's okay.

If a doctor is uncomfortable with physician assisted suicide, he or she does not have to perform it. However, he or she must refer the patient to someone who is willing to do so.

• Llewlyn
      3 years agoReport

I was with you for a while, but I disagree that it should be available to anyone other than terminal patients.

I think that depending on the circumstances, we should let people decide how they want to die if painful, slow death is eminent anyway. It's just one step quicker than a DNR.

• Jake

Depends on the situation

• Chris

I hope it's there (legal) when I need it.

I think it's just horrible...

Idk