anatomy and physiology help?
1. ATP is produced and uses continuously in all living cells
2. The ultimate source of nearly all thr energy that is used to support life is sunlight.
3 LABEL each of the following statements as pertaining to glycolysis (GL), transition reaction (TR), Krebs cycle (KC) or the electron transport system (ETS). Some statements require more than one answer.
a. Series of carriers that pass electrons from one to ______.
b. Cyclical series of oxidation-reduction reactions that release carbon dioxide _____________________.
c. Pyruvate is oxidized to an acetyl group _____________.
d. Breakdown of glucose to two pyruvate molecules _____________.
e. occurs in mitochondria ______________.
f. Occurs outside of the mitochondria, in cytosol ___________.
g. Results in only 2 ATP ____________.
FILL IN THE BLANKS for questions 8-12.
8. How many ATP molecules are produced per one gluvose molecule as a result of ANAEROBIC cellular respiration? __________
9. How many ATP molecules are produced per one glucose molecule as a result of AEROBIC cellular respiration? ________
10. A two carbon acetyl group enters the Kreb cycle. What one carbon molecules leave the kreb cycle? ________.
11. Name two coenzymes that bring hydrogen atoms (H + e) to the electron transport system. ____________.
12. What molecule is the final acceptor of electrons from the electron transport system? _______
- John TLv 53 years agoFavorite Answer
c. KC; (post GL, pre KC)
e. KC, ETC
9. 30-38 (depends on organism and what cells)
11. NADH, FADH2