Christians will you please tell me your opinion of this video on the star of Bethlehem?

It gives verifiable scientific evidence on what was actually seen by the Magi (astrologers... not kings) and what brought them to Judea in search of the young child who was the "king of the Jews". I asked atheists to view this because it is real evidence, yet not one of those who responded actually did, yet of course they were able to state that somehow it was wrong. (So much for the atheist claim that they want evidence.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUlWa2r-bk

Youtube thumbnail

Thank you dead fundie for being another who confirmed what I said about atheists who make an opinion on what they have never seen.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I have already seen the Star of Bethlehem movie. I have it on DVD.

I also have the computer program called Starry Night, and that allows me to go back in time, and back to any location on the earth, and watch the sky. So I did go back to Bethlehem, and I did go back in time to watch the sky.

Sure enough, we did see the Star of Bethlehem.

The guy who created this video also explains the process of finding this. And he did learn that the generally accepted date for the death of King Herod is wrong. If you look at Wikipedia, they do include a paragraph about the error in the date of death. Herod did not die n 4 BC. Once that was resolved, then finding the Star of Bethlehem was easy.

I do believe this presentation has merit.

It also determined that Jesus died on April 3, 33 A.D. And there was a blood moon that night.

The Magi had been looking for this sign. And they knew the approximate location, per the prophesies.

This Star of Bethlehem would have alerted them to the arrival of Christ. As they drew near, how could this Star of Bethlehem lead them to the exact house? That doesn't seem as plausible. But it is certainly possible that God could have sent an angel for the last leg of their journey. And angel about 200 feet above with a super bright LED flashlight could have led them to the exact location. And from the ground, it just looked like a super bright star.

Now, keep in mind that all of this was done in secret. I mean, the demons did not know what was going on. They did not notice the bright star or an LED flashlight in the sky. The identity of Jesus was a secret. This secret (as to who was Jesus) was not revealed until the Baptism of Jesus.

And that explains why Satan, acting through King Herod, ordered every male child under the age of 2 to be killed. But Joseph and Mary and Jesus had fled to Egypt the night before.

========== (Comment)

It is too bad some of the atheists here did not take the time to watch the whole video. They would have learned some very interesting things. Unless, of course, they suffer from mind-blindness. "The god of this world (who is Satan) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4)

--

• ?

you claim its "real evidence" - evidence of what?

the only thing its evidence of is that there could have been a nova at the time

("scientific evidence on what was actually seen by the Magi (astrologers... not kings))"

no it aint - you are assuming 1) the magi existed, 2) they saw it

the fact that a nova may have occurred is not evidence of anything

all YOU have done is assume the magi existed, and this is the "bright star" they followed

Do you have anything that proves this? - no you dont)

• ?

Sorry, it is not verifiable.

A star exists, everything else from there is a fantasy.

• ennui

A couple things re: the atheists not watching the video...

1. It's over an hour long. This is R&S. No-one here wants to sit and watch an hour+ long video just to respond to a question. You should know that by now. So, maybe if you could find a way to condense the information into something that can be read, you'd have a better chance of getting out the info. Truly, the most I'll give a video here is five minutes. I'm probably one of very few people who do.

2. You might see this as "evidence", but evidence of what? That the star really did shine? That your God really does exist? See, you mention atheists wanting evidence, but I don't know any who say they want evidence of the star. We say we need/want evidence of your God to believe in him. How a star proves God exists, I don't know. I'm sure Christians can manipulate the evidence to fit their agenda, but atheists aren't likely to accept it. See, a star shining on Bethlehem at the time Jesus was supposedly born isn't proof of God. It's proof that a star shone on Bethlehem at a time when people claim Jesus was born. You're missing the proof that he existed. Now, I'm one of those who'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I think he may well have existed. However, I don't believe he was divine, or the son of a deity. You won't find any atheist who does. So, no matter what you think is evidence, it's never been solid, verifiable evidence that the Abrahamic god exists.

I'm just trying to help you to understand the mindset of an atheist. Clearly, it's much different than that of a Christian. We don't see God in the things you do. And, I've actually done some reading about that star -- from scientists with no agenda. Still, it proves nothing to me. I know you're trying, and I give you credit for it, but I don't think believers can really understand what it's like to not believe. Our perspective is much different than yours. I know you and I have our differences, and we don't exactly like each other, but I'm really just trying to help you out in return by maybe giving you a bit of insight. Your star video won't change our minds. God himself will have to show himself to us, I guess.

You're gonna have a hard time getting anyone, Christian or not, to watch an hour-long video about it here.

• Rick G

Baloney. I am NOT an atheist but the trash that claims there is a scientific evidence is NOT to be believed!

Why?

Whatever the Astrologers saw was the creation of Satan, in his attempt to have the baby destroyed before reaching maturity. That is why it lead them to Herod the Great, who would want to kill anyone who would threaten his dynasty.

IF it was from God, why would God broadcast to the wicked King that there was a danger to his kingdom? Why didn't it just guide the astrologers directly to Bethlehem?

Why would God, who condemned those who practice astrology to death, lead a bunch of them to his son?

The so-called scientist is a bogus trash man, digging through garbage to create a lie to get others to follow him.

Either the video is wrong or the Bible is wrong. The star came to rest over the place where Jesus lived. A specific location.