Jamie asked in PetsRodents · 4 years ago

Can someone tell me if this cage is okay for 2 gerbils?

I had my Syrian in this so I plan on changing the set up inside and make the plastic bin on the left a burrowing section but I've heard numerous opinions about any plastic cages or tubes with gerbils because they will chew. I don't have the money or space to get a larger aquarium so I really hope you guys tell me this would be okay.

Favorite Answer

It looks suitable, gerbils like as much room as they can get. I had 3 in the critter nation about 8 square foot of floor overall with a loft.

Load it with lots of toys, hides, chewables, and things to explore.

Chewing shouldn't be much problem if they are occupied and have alternatives like chew blocks or toys.

Syrian what? Refugee? Get him out of there. Send that scumbag back to Aleppo