Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 4 years ago

I need help making a decision QUICK?

Hi! I'm a 15 y/o girl and tomorrow at school we have this ''dance day'', which means that all classes(year 5 to 12) have to perform infront of the WHOLE SCHOOL with a dance, which is already really bad for me since I have a huge stagefright. I really-really don't want to go, because our dance literally looks like first-graders made it and it's really awkward. Not to mention half of our class didn't show up to practice and now they don't know what they have to do, where they have to stand etc... The dance wouldn't even be so bad if everyone would just freaking learn it! The thing is - It just looks like everyone is dancing to a different song or something. I just can't choose whether I should go or not, because I really-really don't want to embarass myself doing this... The reason why I ever consider going is because my P.E grade depends on it, but if I say that I'm sick then I get the chance to dance it alone to the teacher to get my grade.

SHOULD I GO OR NOT?

Sorry if anything is hard to understand, English is not my first language.

• Jamey

Your English is perfect. It's really not fair to make someone do something like this if you are feeling really worried about it. It's not the same as doing sports or something, which doesn't involve getting up in front of everyone. I would have a word (or get your parents to have a word) with the teacher.