Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Erika asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 years ago

Why is it I feel faint whenever I shower?

I never had this problem as a kid, but let me say that when I was very young, I was diagnosed on the autism spectrum and adding to that, I had major intolerance to heat--mostly water. I heavily depended on the water to be at least not too hot or not too cold whenever bathing myself or washing my hands.

Nowadays, I've been slowly getting used to hot things, such as cooked food, water, etc. I'm also showering every other day with hot water, but not like steaming hot.

I believe a couple of times...I accidentally had the water too hot that left red marks on my skin, but they eventually went away.

Here's where my odd problem comes in. These past couple months, I've been getting lightheaded in the shower whenever I'm getting to the part of washing my body or trying to rinse body wash off--sometimes even trying to get out of the shower. This doesn't happen every day, but it usually happens a couple times a week at least. With this happening, I usually rush when trying to wash my hair and body, because I fear I'll feel faint or possibly pass out.

I wouldn't think it's the heat intolerance as a child I had; it's gotta be something else. Do you all know what could be causing my problem in the shower?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

The water is too hot. It's a common cause of dizziness in the shower.

• Gert
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Hot water....duh.

• 4 years ago

You could have the water to hot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.