Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5

If a woman gets pregnant is that not God's will and is an abortion going against God's will Thus fighting Against God?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Who cares? As long as no gods or their "wills" don t get involved in civil legislations.

Think abortion is murder? Fine, then don t have one, nobody s forcing you to do it. But don t go imposing your silly beliefs on others and insist that civil laws be written according to them.

Also, consider your source from where you draw implication that abortion (never mentioned in Bible) might be "wrong", and WHEN the Bible was assembled. As for NT, it was around 3rd-4th century AD. What did they know of modern medicine and safe abortions performed by highly trained doctors in sanitized hospitals or clinics? Fvck all.

• 4 years ago

A case could be made.

God doesn't make every single woman pregnant.

He simply invented (created) a functional process that, if used, can get a woman pregnant.

Still, if one enjoys the process but throws away the end result, its like a slap in the face to God.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Yes and Yes. !!

• 4 years ago

I could argue that since God's will is stronger than anything that if you got a abortion God wanted it to happen as I couldn't have got it against his will

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

God's views on the life of an unborn child was revealed early on in the Bible - Exodus 21:22 & 23 - “If men should struggle with each other and they hurt a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but no fatality results, the offender must pay the damages imposed on him by the husband of the woman; and he must pay it through the judges. 23 But if a fatality does occur, then you must give life for life. - - - - Find out more about God's viewpoints - https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-tea...

• 4 years ago

Does the Bible Comment on Abortion?

The Bible’s answer

Life is sacred to God, and he views even an embryo as a distinct, living being. About God, King David was inspired to write: “Your eyes saw even the embryo of me.” (Psalm 139:16) God stated that a person would be called to account for injuring an unborn child. So, in his eyes, killing an unborn child is murder.—Exodus 20:13; 21:22, 23.

What, though, if an emergency situation at the time of childbirth forces a couple to choose between letting the mother live and the baby die or vice versa? In that case, the couple would have to decide which life to try to save.

A woman decides not to have an abortion despite the feelings of her husband

A wise woman respects her conscience

THE BIBLE’S VIEWPOINT

Abortion

Tens of millions of unborn babies are deliberately aborted each year—a number that exceeds the population of many countries.

A personal choice or a question of morality?

WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Women who have an abortion do so for various reasons, including economic hardship, relationship problems, the desire for freedom to pursue further education or a career, or not wanting to be a single mother. Others, however, view abortion as morally wrong—a violation of the trust that has been placed upon a pregnant woman.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

In God’s eyes, life—especially human life—is sacred. (Genesis 9:6; Psalm 36:9) This principle applies to a baby growing in the womb, a place designed by God to be a safe haven for a developing child. “You kept me screened off in my mother’s womb,” said a Bible writer. He added: “Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; all its parts were written in your book regarding the days when they were formed.”—Psalm 139:13, 16.

God’s view of the life of an unborn child is also reflected in his Law to the nation of Israel and in our God-given conscience. God’s Law stated that a person who assaulted a pregnant woman and killed her unborn child was subject to the death penalty—the killer paying with his own life for the life he took. (Exodus 21:22, 23) Of course, the judges had to take into account motives and circumstances.—Numbers 35:22-24, 31.

Humans are also endowed with a conscience. When a woman heeds her conscience, or inner voice, by respecting the life of her unborn child, her conscience rewards her. * If she violates her conscience, it may trouble her or even condemn her. (Romans 2:14, 15) Indeed, studies indicate that women who have an abortion also have an increased risk of anxiety and depression.

What, though, if the prospect of rearing a child seems daunting, especially when the pregnancy is not planned? Note God’s reassuring promise to those who loyally live by his standards: “With someone loyal you act in loyalty; with the blameless man [or woman] you deal blamelessly.” (Psalm 18:25) We also read: “Jehovah loves justice, and he will not abandon his loyal ones.”—Psalm 37:28.

“Their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused.”—Romans 2:15.

What if you have had an abortion?

WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Ruth, a single mother, said: “I already had three young children and felt unable to care for four. Yet, after having an abortion, I felt I had done something horrible.” * But had she done something that God could not forgive?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Jesus Christ reflected God’s mind on matters when he said: “I have come to call, not righteous people, but sinners to repentance.” (Luke 5:32) Yes, when we feel genuine remorse for a wrong we have committed and we repent and ask God to forgive us, he willingly does so—even for serious sins. (Isaiah 1:18) “A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject,” says Psalm 51:17.

Along with a cleansed conscience, God gives the contrite one peace of mind when he or she humbly turns to him in prayer. “By prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers,” says Philippians 4:6, 7. * After studying the Bible and pouring out her heart to God, Ruth gained that inner peace. She learned that with God “there is true forgiveness.”—Psalm 130:4.

“[God] has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor has he repaid us what our errors deserve.”—Psalm 103:10.

Source(s): JW.ORG
  • ?
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

No baby is unplanned to God because God is omniscient therefore He can knows what the future holds!

Source(s): I'm a proud Christian
  • tonysh
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

As there is no god, no.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I could never fight against god.

God is afraid to face me.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sure, just as soon as you prove this god is real and that's what he wants.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.