Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 4 years ago

How to keep your nerve during an exam?

I've an important exam tomorrow afternoon and I'm worried I'll panic and forget everything I studied. Any tips on keeping your cool in a test?

• Helen

*Study. The more prepared you are, the less likely you are to lose your cool.

*Take Kalms if you suffer anxiety. Kalms are a herbal anxiety remedy you can buy off the shelf without needing a prescription.

*If you're allowed, take a bottle of water into the exam with you. Being hydrated will boost your concentration.

*Chew gum right before the exam. Chewing gum can help reduce anxiety and improve your mood.

*Make sure you get a good night's sleep the night before, and have a good nutritious breakfast on the day.

*Avoid sugar and caffeine. Sugar will cause your energy levels and your concentration to plummet, whereas caffeine is known for worsening anxiety.

*If you feel you're starting to get panicky, take slow deep breaths.

Good luck!

• what I did during my GCSE's was thought of them as my mock exams, and i did fairly well so try that