Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 years ago

I cheated on my boyfriend, should I tell him or take it to the grave?

So I made out with another guy and I made a horrible mistake and I regret everything, I know for a fact that he'll leave me if I told him I cheated.

I feel so bad for doing it and it would kill me if he left me if I saw him with another girl than me, I can't lose him what should I do.

Should I tell him or take it to the grave?

The guilt is eating me alive whenever I see him and he's being sweet to me I can't help but bottle up inside and almost start crying and tell him.

Help me?

• Jackie
    Favorite Answer

You will lose him either way. If you hid this the guilt and secrecy will change you. He will become suspicious and jealous even if he doesn't know and it will poison your relationship. It already happened and you can't change the course you are on now. Just face the consequences head on and get it over with bc it's worse if you draw this out. You can't go back in time but you can start doing what's right and be honorable in this moment and moving forward. Cheating sucks but we all face temptations so it's easy to understand. Continuing to be a dishonest person is actually worse than the cheating itself in my opinion and I am speaking from experience as someone who has both been cheated on and been a cheater in the past.

• ?

depends if you want to stay together

You should tell him. You would want him to tell you if he did something like that as well. If he finds out some other way it could ruin ya'll's relationship and friendship. Be subtle but you should tell him. Good luck!

• Burgoo

If the situations were reversed, what would think the right thing for him to do would be?

• ?

What is the point in admitting that he is not the only one. Learn from it.

you gotta tell him. Honestly, the best thing to do is to tell him. Otherwise, you will regret not telling him.

If you honestly can't help yourself from cheating then do him a favor and tell him. Why couldn't you stop yourself the first time? Some stuff to think about.