Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 years ago

I currently found out that my boyfriend tried to go out with my ex best friend, when we were not together ( 3 months ago)?

Ive known her for 8 years we were best friends since 3rd grade. But we became distant senior year in high school. I'm currently a freshman in college. But I felt hurt when I found out he tried to get with my ex best friend. He knew she WAS my best friend , Should I be upset or not ???

Well, this is a delicate situation in which we can't really say if you're right or wrong to be upset, but I guess what you're feeling is natural. Maybe because you feel insecure about it and deep down you wonder if he still has feelings for her?

What you should do is talk to your boyfriend. You can't change the past, but you can talk to him and make it clear how you feel and ask him if he has feelings for your friend. If he is with you because he couldn't be with her or if he really likes you.

Have a mature conversation and try to solve things in a mature way, without anger, without fighting or yelling.

• Jackie

You weren't together so you have no right to say anything about who he was making a move on

You only have the right to be mad about this if he did this after you started dating him. If not, then you need to forget about it and move on because it shouldn't any have bearing on your relationship with him now.

Is he going out with her now? Did she decline his advances? If the answer is no to both questions, then you have no good reason to be bothered.