Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 years ago

Is this average friendship or bullying?

Okey, so I have 6 friends 2 of them are giants, 2 of them are tall, and me and my other friend are short (about 4ft and 11 inches). One of my tall friends is named Luke. He will punch and slap me. He thinks it's funny and he knows I don't like it. Luke will accuse me of stuff I didn't do and will punch me for it. Luke will punch me so hard that it knocks the wind out of my chest, gives me headaches, and gives me bruises. Me and all of my friends are 13. He bullies me by calling me short and weak. He will never admit he is wrong. He even tried to convince me that I was stuck in the past and had a weird and dumb personality. I know I don't have a wired personality because I know who I am but he will not agree. He will constantly bully me and tell everyone false rumors about me like how I have no clue what I'm talking about and I am stupid. I get depressed about how he treats me and feel insecure about myself even though I realise he is wrong. My other giant friend, Haden, and my parents suggest that I ask him to stop but if he continues then I should consider self defense. Me and Luke have been "Friends" ever since 1st grade and I don't want to loose my "friendship" with him but I want this disrespect to end. He acts like he owns me and says that he is better than me and he always will be and that I can't do anything about it. Everything Luke says about me isn't always true because I can probably take him down. Please give me suggestions on how I should handle this situation.

Favorite Answer

These are not friends at all. They simply enjoy the convenience of being able to abuse you, and you, thinking of them as friends, allow it to happen. You know in your heart what to do. You need to break all ties with them. Immediately. I would not advise explaining why. They will make every attempt to manipulate you and bargain with you. Don't fall for that. It is not likely that they will change their ways, just to suit your needs. If I knew either of my daughters were experiencing anything like what you've shared, and are experiencing, I would forbid my girls from associating with those individuals IMMEDIATELY. Also I would meet in person with the parents of all parties involved and furthermore, I would have a meeting(again in person) with the appropriate school officials. I do not believe that you truly understand the severity of your situation. Under no circumstances and by absolutely no one, is this type of behavior acceptable. I advise you inform your parents immediately of what is and has been taking place, they will be shocked, but above all else, they are on your team and want what is best for you. I do not know you, but from the bottom of my heart, I love you and want what is best for you. Please, show your parents what you have wrote to us, and allow them to help you. I wish you the best, take care.

leave the friends,report this to your parents and the police.

It is clearly bullying. It is better for you to leave the situation.

Bullying asf😂

Bullying, that's a toxic relationship right there mandem