Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Atheists, do you believe that the existence of God's is impossible given what we know about science in reality or do you just think we have?

no evidence of gods?

• Favorite Answer

Given what we 'know', yes it is impossible. God's existence breaks just about every law of physics. It's as impossible as anything can be.

I admit though it is possible that what we 'know' is wrong. In that case absolutely ANYTHING is somewhat possible. We could be living in the matrix and everything we 'know' about physics, history. and reality could be a construct to fool us while machines feed on our energy. In that case maybe gravity can be toggled on and off with a light switch, maybe time can be rewound, maybe you can pick up a twig swoosh it around and cast magic spells, maybe God does exist.

• ?

There is zero evidence, and it would violate all of the laws of physics.

All gods are myths, its a fact.

Both.

We have no evidence of the existence of anything that has been called a god.

Whether or not a god can exist depends on how 'god' is defined.

• CC

There is no reason to believe in any god since there is no credible evidence to support the existence of any god.

I am confident that the God(s) of the past supplanted by the God(s) of the present will be supplanted by something else as would be a reasonable conclusion.

• Tony R

For me it's just that there is no evidence. Take the movie "The Conjuring" for example. According to the film it's based on a true story, that of the life of the Warren's, who's claim is evil spirits make objects move by themselves. I'm not buying it all. Even with their "video footage" of a little girl being assaulted almost every day by spirits. Moving her chair, of which you can't see the entire chair because of the table blocking most of it from view. Yeah right.

Unless someone can show me this happens in real life, I'm just not accepting it's happening, or any other supernatural event. My experience is every evidence of the supernatural that people claimed that I knew personally, has turned out to be false. Like people claim their house is haunted, I go to their house like once a week for a few years, never see one dang thing happen. But I don't say objects being moved by evil invisible spirits is impossible, it just seems all made up to me at this point, and such claims just make me want to roll my eyes.

• Peter

no evidence of course.. have you found a single atheist yet who claims that they can prove there is no God? ive only met one in my whole life.

I place the odds at about the same as Santa Claus delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls on Christmas Eve. The two things are actually very similar in many respects. Neither are impossible if we are totally wrong about how things work or what reality is.