Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is up with these joint pains?

I'll give you a summary of my pains over the years (P.S. I'm fifteen.)

In the summer of 2014 I got hit by a car, no injuries or anything; just a few bruises. When school started, I went to a normal school (I was homeschooled all my life) and started wearing a backpack...a very heavy one at that. Then I started getting back pains which went down my left leg (occasionally the right) which turned out to be sciatica. Then, during the beginning of 2015, I started getting weird hip pains. They stopped. I finally went to physical therapy in 2016 (starting in September). They helped me with my sciatica and now it's gone! :)

All of a sudden I started getting achy joint pains. EVERYWHERE. Shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees,ankles, and neck. The doctor who sent me to physical therapy sent me to a rheumatologist to see what was going on. The rheumatologist said I had low vitamin D levels so she gave me a D3 prescription (this was in December). I took that for 3 months and I'm still taking it. I had an appointment with her on the 10. I was taking my vitamins but still having joint pain. She diagnosed me with "unspecified joint pain, m25.50" and wanted me to go BACK to physical therapy. My mom didn't want me to go back because "joint pains everywhere isn't normal. It should be looked at." as she puts it.

So what's up with me? It's not growing pains; i'm done growing (5'3). The pain comes out of nowhere and it gets worse when I run/walk (especially the knees, ankles,and hips) Help!

• Andy C

Why don't you go to a doctor and possibly find out instead of asking random strangers?

I think that it's...I didn't read the full description, TBH.