Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Natasha asked in HealthMental Health · 4 years ago

Will alcohol make you depress ?

I was really happy until I drank alcohol 2 days in a row with some friends. And now i am feeling really sad about everything. Isn't alcohol a depressant or something?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Emily
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Hello, Natasha! Although classified as a depressant, the amount of alcohol consumed determines the type of effect. Most people drink for the stimulant effect, such as a beer or glass of wine taken to “loosen up.” But if a person consumes more than the body can handle, they then experience alcohol's depressant effect. I have seen several of my friends get into extreme modes, too. Either they are very happy or too sad.

• 4 years ago

It is a depressant.

• 4 years ago

Yeah alcohol is a major depression. It stimulates feel good hormones but then it supresses them as it wears off. Also you feel rubbish as ur body temporarily craves the ethanol in the alcohol.

• 4 years ago

Yes, it's a depressant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.