HOW DO I FAKE A LOW FEVER WITH MY MOM WATCHING ME TAKE MY TEMPERATURE!?

Is there a certain way to breath when the thermometer is in your mouth? or where you put it? I just need the temp. higher!

• Lisa M

Usually kids who fake fevers don't want to go to school. Why don't you want to go to school? School was horrible for me because I was bullied. I started developing all sorts of psychological problems such as anxiety, depression and feelings of helplessness. I hated school.

These days there's more support for people being bullied, or having a difficult time with grades, or suffering from depression. It's up to you to be honest with yourself, now - not later. Please think about what's happening and make a decision to help yourself. If that means going to a school counselor to talk, then so be it. Please don't wait. If you nip this in the bud, you'll be much happier later on in life. Take it from me, I wish someone helped me or gave me advice like this. Just to let me know it's okay to get help.

Ask your mom to bring you some water and when she leaves put the thermo next to a lamp or any other warm object and watch the temp rise.

That's called lying and doesn't accomplish anything in the long run.