Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 4 years ago

Hamster doesn t play on wheel?

I just got him about almost two weeks ago and the first week he was on the wheel everytime he was awake and now he ll run for maybe a few seconds before getting off and laying down or going in his nest. He eats, grooms, and looks healthy as far as I can tell but he doesn t venture to the bottom area of his inclosure very often either..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

That sounds quite normal for daytime activity, don't forget, hamsters are mainly nocturnal and up and about at night, exploring, playing, and not uncommon for a hamster to run a good mile in their wheel nightly.

They may wake during the day, snack a little food, a drink and often back to bed.

• 4 years ago

God I hope someone answers this. Very similar thing happened to my Syrian hamster :/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.