Should I let my boyfriends family around my baby?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 5 years. I am black and he is hispanic. When I first met his family his mother yelled in my face. She would talk crap to him everyday telling him not to date a black girl. His sister tried to get him to cheat. I decided not to come back around. About a year and a half later I gave them a holiday gift. Then they invited me to their family gathering. I didn t even know they knew my name. I began to come over. About a year later his mother mad a comment about her son not being ready to have children to me while telling me her oldest son was expecting with a girl he d only been with a month. I had been with her son for years by then. During a party her and her friends played a racist joke on me when my bf had left. I told him about it and he asked her what happened and she went crazy. tried turning his entire family against him. eventually they began to talk again but I never wen back around. He cheated in the past and she told him its ok because he s young.He almost killed me in a car accident while driving and she blamed me saying I should ve been paying attention because he isn t responsible. I haven t been around him or his family in almost two years. I am now pregnant. He is already talking about letting them babysit so the baby will know proper Spanish. they are trying to be nice to me. I just feel awkward. I can t see myself letting someone who taught their own innocent children to discriminate babysit my black child.

• Mogas

You are correct and you BF should know better. Here is the hard cold reality of your story. Your BF puts his family before you and always will. Any man that has any love for his GF/wife would never let his family treat you the way his family treated you. Protect your child from them and DO NOT make anymore babies with your BF until you and your babies are FIRST in his life and he is able to cut all ties with his family to prove it!

• lala

Wait and see

Sometimes people change

and if they deserve to baby sit your child

you will know

MOther instict kick in when you are a mother

First of all I think you need to be careful with them. Personally I would not let them be with the baby by themselves. It sounds like your relationship with him is not healthy and his with his family is not so good either. Kids are very fragile specially when they are young. She can get mad one day and take it out on your child..

Also she acts weird whenever my bf brings her other full hispanic grandchild outside of the house to say hello to me. She always comes outside yelling for him to bring him back in while she's babysitting because she has to feed him or some other excuse.