Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I play a Low Eb and D on my Clarinet?

I am trying to play Concetino, Op. 26 by Carl Maria Von Weber, but there is a low Eb and D that is 4 lines below the bar! I have never hit a note that low and I cant find amy fingering chart on the internet that goes that low! Please help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Something doesn't sound right to me. Does your music look like this? http://www.di-arezzo.co.uk/multimedia/images/andel... Are you looking at the non transposed piano music in Eb (with three flats) or the transposed part for clarinet in F (one flat)? It should be in F if you're playing a Bb clarinet.

Four lines down should be a low E, which is as far down as a Bb clarinet goes unless you push the bell against your leg or something, at least from what I recall.

• 4 years ago

You finger them just like those same notes two octaves higher, except you don't press the octave key. So the D is three fingers down on each hand, and the Eb is the same with the Eb key played with the little finger.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.