Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 years ago

Why did the USA invade Japan and bomb Pearl Harbor when the goal was to stop Hitler in Germany?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Athena
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yea, I remember my first beer.

Good times.

• Ray
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

"A people who forget their history are bound to repeat it."

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, dunce. Japan and Germany were allies.

• Alicia
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

We had already won the war in Europe and Hitler had already fallen.

Japan however was still being aggressive and if we'd ha stopped, hey would've have rebuilt and tried again. The war needed to end before we were given no choice but to kill every last man, woman and child.

Which is what the emperor wanted. He was willing to fight to the last. The bombs showed him that we could win the war, but in a way that left no honor for Japan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Weak.

Fail.

• P
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Japan wanted\started to take over most of Asia. The USA was not happy about this and blocked Japan from getting oil through sanctions. Japan was very upset with these sanctions and believed that war was inevitable with the USA so they bombed Pearl Harbor to gain a strategic advantage. Anyone (Japan) who openly attacks a US state gets invaded for the obvious reasons.

• 4 years ago

Because Japan bombed Pearl Harbour, which is part of the US they were, rightly, not simply going to forgive and forget so they obviously declared war on Japan.

Because the US was attacked and the US declared war on Japan they felt obligated to join forces with Great Britain in trying get rid of Hitler in Europe, African and the Middle East.

I often wonder if Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbour would the US have eventually come to the aid of Great Britain against Hitler.

Poseidon

• 4 years ago

Umm, you just flunked history. The USA got pulled into WWII when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. At the time we were not at war with the Axis powers.

• 4 years ago

Actually Japan bombed Pearl Harbor... and Pearl Harbor is part of the USA. Don't worry, I'm not judging. But a part of your answer comes from that.

• 4 years ago

Are you saying the USA bombed themselves? Please be a troll.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.