IN NEED OF A LUNG DR's OPINION.?

Me and my father own a print shop with printing presses, copiers and lots of ink. My father has been in the business for over 25 years. He has developed a bad cough and acid reflex. The two combined have been bad and get worse with his stress. To top it off, he does not eat healthy. Dinner is the only non-preserved meal he eats. I believe the bad cough has been caused by all the chemicals and ink that we breath in daily, i get the irritation sometimes as well. I'm praying it isn't cancer but his cough just gets worse and worse and his blood is clean and healthy. I'm praying it isn't cancer, but im trying to get him to eat healthy in order to get his PH in balance. Also, he excercises regularly 5 miles on the bike every other day. PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

• LAN

Well then go to a lung doctor. No one here is a doctor.

Have him see a Pulmonologist for a breathing test and allergy testing.

A lung doc is not likely to be much help. He should seee his primary care doc for this. You already have enough info to know how to treat the problem. He has at least two major problems contributing to the cough: acid reflux and chemical irritants. The coughing won't go away until the reflux and exposure to chemical irritants are stopped. The food he is eating is probably contributing to the acid reflux, so a healthier diet might be helpful. It might be helpful to have an indeustiral health consultant evaluate the air inside the shop to see if exposure to chemical irritants can be reduced.

yes, your father needs to see his physician and/or a specialist. a proper breathing mask at work might be advisable as well.