zani asked in HealthMental Health · 4 years ago

Do I have anger issues? (Read description)?

im 17, a girl and someone I associate with has disrespected me. He s a guy and he likes to get in my face so close to where we are almost kissing and act tough and I tell him I don t like that **** but he continues to do it. So I told him calmly if he does that again I m going to punch him in the face because I told him time and time again that I don t like that ****. He then proceeds to tell me that he would punch me back which is perfectly fine whatever but he then escalates the argument by saying that I think that I m big and bad and says that I m not ****. I was calm but at that point in the argument I was getting angry because he was being disrespectful for no reason. So after he said I wasn t **** he kept going on and on and I was saying okay okay okay hoping he d stop. He did and my anger increased slowly. Because I kept thinking about the situation and how much he was raising his voice at me and saying unnecessary rude ****. So now I m all sweaty my body temperature is really high my heart is beating and I feel out of breath I m so angry. But it wasn t that big of a deal I shouldn t feel this mad. This happens all the time when I m mad I can t control my anger and I feel like I want to kill someone. I also get really sweaty and if I m really mad my heart starts beating and I can t catch my breath and I almost feel like I m going to black out. Is this normal?

Sigh.......Why do you hang around someone who does that to you????? He's a complete asshole.

• ?

No

• Gert

No. He only does it because he thrives on your reaction. Talk to a therapist.