Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

When I try to delete a folder in my computer, it says that I need permission from the admin (myself) to do it.?

When i try to delete a file from my computer, it says that i need permission from the admin (myself) to do it. I have tried everything from fileassassin to unlocker but nothing helps. I have even tried commands with cmd and even contacting microsoft. Please help.

System:Windows 10.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

If it is a system folder then you need to take ownership of the folder and then change your permissions.

This is risky if you dont know what you are doing and you can end up with a non booting computer (I know I did). Update you post and advise where the folder is.

Here is a YouTube link

https://youtu.be/YWgDDip5Bqo

• paul
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

right click to do as admin and if still won't, make sure not a system file! right click/ properties / give yourself permissions to read and write, save / close...now right click and move

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.