Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 years ago

16 and a half and still no puberty?

Hi, I am very insecure about me not hitting puberty at 16. All my friends hit it and I seem to be like I will never hit it. My penis is still small and i only have a little penis hair. I have no armpit, leg hair, and I have no facial hair. My voice stills sounds high and i still look like im 10. Am I gonna stay like this through out my life? I really am shy about everything and I need help please

Im 5'9 ish

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Your fine. Everyone enters puberty and grows and develops in their own time and way. Sounds like you have pubic hair which is the first outward sign of puberty. You will grow and develop just like everyone else just in your own time and way. Remember puberty is a journey not a race.

• Hermes

Nope, if you have ANY pubes - which you do - you are in first stage of puberty. That is all determined by genetics. You've started now - it will advance rapidly.

Hermes

Got pubes, you are in puberty dude. Have been for a while. Many guys don't get a lot of body hair. And facial hair is also a genetic trait. Size wise down there, average flaccid size is around 3 inches and erect average adult size is 5.16 inches. So if you are near or above those sizes, yes, you have grown. Some guys just look much younger than they are, well into their 20s-- and as well when older when that is a real plus.

• ?

Penis hair = puberty.

You need to ask your parents to make you an appointment with your family Doctor, and get a referral to an Endocrinologist, for a work up, and hormone production evaluation, whereas your Testosterone production can be checked in the testicles. It is important you get evaluated, while you are in your teens. One thing you might answer, what is your height, and muscle development, since they are related to testosterone production.