Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

AL asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

Have you offended your local Muslim today?

Yes let's forget about the terrorist attacks, let's worry about not offending Muslims instead.

Favorite Answer

For some subset of Muslims, the mere fact that I exist is cause for offense. For the Muslim who used to be my boss, he probably found my sloppy dress code offensive.

Is it today? Forgot to mark the calendar

• Leo

I've met many Muslims. They're all better than you.

So you are saying over 1 billion Muslims are all terrorists? If that were true the world would be vastly different. In fact less than 1% of them are terrorists.

• Jack

False assumptions and false reasoning lead to false conclusions. Information without a proper context is useless.

Why would I act with the sole intention of offending someone? That's just mean. I might offend some, but it is not because that is my goal. Sometimes the truth is offensive. That's life. Not everybody is cut out to be a brain surgeon.

How about we worry about terrorist attacks AND be kind to Muslims? It's not one or the other.