Was hired for a full-time position for a new job, so I quit my current job, now my new job is putting me on call! Can I take legal action?

Only if you have a signed contract that the company breached. Otherwise, your employment is considered 'at will', meaning your hours can be manipulated as the company sees fit, and that you can be let go for any reason other than discrimination for one of the protected categories.

• DON W

Unfortunately, probably not. It's a stinky situation, but it happens. You could possibly take legal action if you had a signed contract specifying a specific start date.