Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Should I move out at 16?
This is most likely going to be fairly long, so I ll put a shortened version at the bottom.
I've got the opportunity to move around 150 miles away across the country, however I am only 16 years of age. I have always been interested in business. The flat my mother and I are in really doesn t feel like home.
I have been working in an executive position of a company for a few months now and will be choosing to do an apprenticeship with them instead of college. I could either stay here for 2 years, in an office on my own and move afterwards, or do my apprenticeship where the company is based.
- Free accommodation (paid for by the company, living with two other staff members)
- Friends (I would not have this at home as I won t be going to college)
- I ve seen my great grandmother every single day for most of my life, I feel it would greatly upset her if I were to move.
- My mother and father both would be extremely worried 24/7
- I m not sure what position my mum would be in as we only got this flat due to me being 15 at the time so if I moved out they may retract some support.
- I would see my girlfriend once every other week (as and when I can afford the £50 train journey)
In short, I have an amazing opportunity after a really rough time and I could get out of this flat that does not seem like home to go and work in a modern office tower with a free modern apartment. However it means leaving my family and girlfriend behind at just 16.
- Pearl LLv 74 years agoFavorite Answer
thats up to you, i think you should make that decision and not your family
- JenniferLv 74 years ago
Be very careful about this. Check into the laws where you live about having to be in school. You may have to be in school until you are 18. If you have too, this answers your question that you can't go. Otherwise go.
- Anonymous4 years ago
YESSS. BE LIKE IGGY AZALEA
Sixteen in the middle of Miami