Dan asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 years ago

Should I move out at 16?

This is most likely going to be fairly long, so I ll put a shortened version at the bottom.

I've got the opportunity to move around 150 miles away across the country, however I am only 16 years of age. I have always been interested in business. The flat my mother and I are in really doesn t feel like home.

I have been working in an executive position of a company for a few months now and will be choosing to do an apprenticeship with them instead of college. I could either stay here for 2 years, in an office on my own and move afterwards, or do my apprenticeship where the company is based.

Pros:

- Free accommodation (paid for by the company, living with two other staff members)

- Salary

- Friends (I would not have this at home as I won t be going to college)

Cons:

- I ve seen my great grandmother every single day for most of my life, I feel it would greatly upset her if I were to move.

- My mother and father both would be extremely worried 24/7

- I m not sure what position my mum would be in as we only got this flat due to me being 15 at the time so if I moved out they may retract some support.

- I would see my girlfriend once every other week (as and when I can afford the £50 train journey)

In short, I have an amazing opportunity after a really rough time and I could get out of this flat that does not seem like home to go and work in a modern office tower with a free modern apartment. However it means leaving my family and girlfriend behind at just 16.

Favorite Answer

thats up to you, i think you should make that decision and not your family

Be very careful about this. Check into the laws where you live about having to be in school. You may have to be in school until you are 18. If you have too, this answers your question that you can't go. Otherwise go.

YESSS. BE LIKE IGGY AZALEA

No money

no family

Sixteen in the middle of Miami