Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 years ago

Why does he make me feel sad/jealous?

He puts me down all the time, and he talks about other girls to make them seem like they're way better than me.. and I think it makes him happy to see me this way? I don't understand what the point is :/

cause he is disrespectful,.why do u ALLOW it?

There are a number of reasons why a guy would try to make you feel jealous. The first one that comes to mind is that he feels insecure about your relationship and wants to find out his much you really care about him. Here are some possible other reasons:

1. It's a power thing. By doing this, he feels in control of you. He wants to feel superior to you.

2. It's an ego thing. He wants to show you that he can possibly live without you. I think of it as sort of like men who cheat. They do it because it boosts their ego. It makes them feel desirable.

3, Maybe he thinks you were flirting with another guy, and this is his way of getting even.

4. Maybe he is thinks you will find him more desirable if he seems to be desirable to other women.

Regardless of the reason, I think you should sit down with him and talk it over. Good communications help build successful relationships. If he continues like this, I think you should find a guy who shows more respect for you.